PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NSW EMS (NGO or Private operator)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 07:46
sand blaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

Oogle
Thanks for the reply, yes I am a born and bred blues supporter. I have many links to NSW and a network of contacts there. As you gather I have questioned the NGO model for a very long time. You are correct in regards to the chief pilot position, he’s role within the organisation is crucial in providing discipline and the nucleus for the safety culture within the said organisation, but does NSW need 5 of them. And yes a secretary is in reality priced between $30000.oo -$50000.oo

Catseye has understood the whole point of my last post. Why does NSW need to spend 5 million dollars each year needlessly in excess staff, whilst not increasing its operational helicopter capabilities?

LHS
You have raised the question in regards to helicopter areas of operations. You implied people out west would not be happy in paying for the Sydney machines when the only time they would see them is on the evening news.
“Surprise” after performing a simple search on the internet all NGO helicopter rescue websites in NSW proudly display and quote the long distances they cover. Some even display maps that cover most of the state. The LifeSaver helicopter of the Southern Region boast the following: Our flight path takes us north to Toukley. North West to Dubbo, tracking south to Wagga Wagga and on to the Victorian Boarder. http://www.lifesaver.org.au/our_role.htmYes they are based in Sydney

So what is a local area in regards to operational helicopter coverage and what is the financial area for fund raising. (You can’t have your cake and eat it as well).

This continued call for aircraft to remain in the local area is naive. It is generally raised when NGO’s and there supporters have their backs against the wall. This tactic can be seen periodically in local newspapers in different regions during difficult times. It represents the NGO’s call to arms, it is a war cry designed to rally their troops, who have been conditioned to believe that the helicopter should not proceed beyond an invisible line in the sky. No wonder the health authorities have had a gut full of these manipulating organisations that continually fail to provide the services that they so much promised to provide.

As many have stated before, it is time for a State funded and State controlled medical helicopter network that is not hampered with the in fighting and the media manipulation that is created by the NGO model.

Does anyone know what is in the new tender bid in regards to aircraft or other requirements? People in the know seem to be very tight lipped in regards to this.

Last edited by sand blaster; 19th Jul 2006 at 10:06.