PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA use in Courting
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 06:59
splatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can relate to this thread, but from a different angle.

I had a weekend flying lesson booked last year. My girlfriend usually comes along on weekend lessons and, like the weekends before, we spent the time before my lesson playing pool against eachother. She's pretty good at pool so when it came time for me to get airborne I left her playing against some of the other club members.

After an hour or so lesson we landed and taxied back to park up. I walk into the building eager to find out who won the game and let my girlfriend know that we'll be leaving soon. I couldn't find her anywhere nor could I find the guy she was playing pool against! My instructor correlates a missing plane with the missing people and asks the ops staff what's going on. Op's confirms that, "the couple playing pool went flying together". "Unfair!!", I think to myself. He beat me to it. Ok. Ok. We did sneak her on one training flight before but I wasn't PIC that time.

As I think how unfair it is I notice my instructor starting to go quite pale and seem very concerned that the guy who is flying her actually doesn't have his PPL yet! Horror of horrors! What am I going to tell the future in-laws! Afer a few minutes of terror thankfully a bit of confusion over the pilot's name was noticed and it was ascertained he did indeed have his PPL - but only just! A short while later the two of them waltz back into the building headsets in hand.

The moral of the story? Leave your loved ones at home!

splatt

Last edited by splatt; 19th Jul 2006 at 07:10.