PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is It worth it??
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 05:55
Blackshift

Not Good Airline Material

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil

... on the other hand the way the market is moving at the moment, some instructors are beginning to make more than many turboprop FO's.

I even know of a chap who will begin flying jets - after paying for his own type rating - for about the same as at least one full time FI known to me who isn't doing anything more than PPL instruction.

This would also suggest that Commercial and Multi-Instrument Instructors might eventually attract TP captain salaries as standard.

I was in the same position as Currymonster at the same age six years ago, and although I've had all the bells and whistles for a few years now I'm quite happy working as a part time FI.

Moreover, if the current trend continues I might even be tempted to go full time at some point in the future.

Remember that quality of life also has cash value - for this reason many people would rather earn 30k in Edinburgh than 50k in London for example.

This is often forgotten by obsessively competitive greasy-pole climbers, uniform fetishists, and those who are inexplicably overwhelmed by the desire to play with the biggest toy possible at all costs!