PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Suspensions / Mt Cook Airlines
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 05:37
Airslasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eureka, yeah, got a copy of that letter myself. Another letter at Dunedin airport showing the correspondance between a staff member (their concerns with the current situation) there and Big Rob is as funny as OEI (One Engine Inoperative for those uninitiated) Pete's effort.

Anyway, mediation back on for the coming Monday and possible Employment Relations Authority for Wednesday.

I can't even see how this could be (the only apparent reason) 'getting one over the staff." They're already earning less than the last 3 years with inflation, and that would still be the case with the amount proposed for agreement. Taking It From Fyfe is right, I used to like pineapple!

Cloud. To be frank it doesn't matter a sh*t where AirNZ's routes are. You don't stick staff on longhaul work travel (in their own bloody time!) in coach with min. rest and expect them to perform in Sim checks. Last I recall we lived in NZ in 2006, not Victorian England. If they hadn't tried to shaft Thai Airways at the start of the year they probably would have a half decent arrangement with them now anyway. Put the lads on Emirates, Thai, Singapore, Qantas, whoever and via wherever. It's not our problem if a bean counter in Auckland wants to pull out of Singapore and fly more to half arse destinations in China!

Between passengers and staff dealing with the management balls up I wonder how many more apologies Pete's got left in him. Are there enough trees for all the paper required to write these letters? The pilots who got suspended and told to find their own ways home have had apologies too. Would that be an admission of guilt/wrong doing by the company......? Perhaps some back pay compensation is due to them...........