PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 05:18
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My REX recruitment day :)

Hello people, I've just arrived home from my REX recruitment day I'm pleased to say, I passed the first stage, and went on to stage 2 just after lunch.
All togther there were meant to be about 11 of us, but only 7 turned up.
There were two slightly older ladies recruiting, one that seemed real nice named Linda, and the other named Donna who kind of sent me 'bad vibes' But all in all, it was a good day, and the fact that there was only 11 of us meant the first stage was completed in exactly one hour and five minutes We had to do this quiz about the company (very easy if you read their website info) and go around the room saying a bit about ourselves, and also a group activity (done in pairs, except there was one group of 3) about having an endless budget, two kids aged 3yrs and 5yrs and where would you fly with REX? I and the other girl I did the activity with, said we'd go to Tassie, Burnie (coz thats the only flight REX does to Tas) and that we'd hire a car, go chocolate factory, wine sampling, have a picnic, tour of a farm, and then fly back to Melb (coz the trip was from 9am-9pm).
After this we filled in a form with our mobil number, and were told we'd be contacted within half an hour whether to return or not. In this time, the whole group walked over to maccas across the road, and stupid me got on the phone to my bf to tell him about my day so far (as was pretty much everyone else) and I missed the first call!!!! It was a private number, so I knew it was them! Then this other girl got a call, it was so funny, she walked out of maccas to talk, then came back in, thumbs up she got it, then another girls mobil rang, walked out, came back in, got it... and so on. Then at the end, my mobil rings again, and it so happened that I would have the first interview at 1.30pm, and everyone else after that every 15mins.
There happened to be this real nice guy down from Qld trying out for FA too, and he had stayed at the hotel, so he had a room, and I joked about going up there to waste some time, and so we all did and it was pretty good, the room was nice, great view, it was the top floor.
I then went downstairs to my interview about an hour later, and he had to check out of his room anyway (is flying back tonight). As I was sitting outside the meeting room, waiting to be called, I could hear the conversation of the two recruiters, and the blonde one (thatthe one I like) was saying 'she's been through so much, very mature' and then the other one commented on me still being young in age. It was a bit hard to hear, coz there were cleaner ladies in the rooms near me making a lot of noise, but it was definately about me, coz then one of them goes 'she could be outside waiting already' and sure enough, the blonde nice one comes out and called me in classic... there I am, looking around the walls, pretending not to have heard a thing!
LOL funny, I had a good time! I'm meant to recieve a yes or no letter in the post within the next week...
as per usual.... well, these days anyway... fingers crossed!!!

Last edited by Iulia; 19th Jul 2006 at 05:29.