PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA use in Courting
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 01:12
BeechNut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gertrude the Wombat
I did take Mrs GtW for a ride in a 152 before she was Mrs GtW ... she was very insistent on giving her name as "Dr. ..." when filling in the club form so that they wouldn't think she was just a dumb blonde who was exchanging ... er, who knows what ... for a plane ride.
(Now she won't let me take her flying. We're not allowed to be both in the same light aircraft, leaving the kids on the ground, unless there's a "real" pilot along.)
Hah, this is exactly the same problem I have with Mrs. Beechnut. When I was young and single and was dating her, I took her up many times in my old C150 and she pretended to enjoy it. Once when we lived apart due to work/education issues, she flew into CYOW, and to be gallant, rather than driving the 60 miles to pick her up with the car, I drove 40 miles to the airfield, rented a brand-spanking new C172, and flew to CYOW to pick her up. She pretended to fancy that too.

Seems to me that this isn't the only thing women pretend to enjoy before they're married, and which they give up the minute they have a ring on the finger and rugrats running around the house...I'll leave those other things up to your imaginations.

Fat chance I'll ever get her into my Beech, or to even like any of my pilot buddies.