PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A few questions..
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2006, 00:35
flyboyike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chris728

1. If you do apply for an airline job anywhere, (united, american, usair, etc.) Would you have to live in the area that the airline companies are located? Like if i applied for a canadian airline would i have to live their? Because the only airlines located in my area that im aware of is united and american and their both on bankruptcy and dont seem like they would be hireing even when i do start looking for a job.
When you are ready to start your job search, pilot bases will be part of your decision-making process, especially if you're fortunate enough to have a choice of more than one airline. You don't have to live in the "base" city, but keep in mind that commuting is always tough, both in the time and stress department. I just got hired by a regional carrier that has a base here in MSP where I live and that was a big part of why I wanted to get on with them.

I don't know about Air Canada etc basing policy, but I do know that they require at least a Canadian Landed Immigrant status to work for them.

Some international carriers, such as Cathay Pacific, have numerous US bases, including ORD, so you may be able to stay home in that case also.