PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Truth about RAF Flying
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 22:06
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Gareth123
Thanks roush. I agree with you, basically first impressions are important and I managed to make a bad one. I wish I had just proof read what I wrote before I posted it ! Because have my other posts been grammatically bad? Hopefully not.

I realize that and that’s why I am here! I have a great amount of respect anyone who has got which I am striving to get in the future. I only came here for advice. But (even if you wanted me too) I’m not going to take it personally cause if you knew me you'd know I'm not a stupid guy, even if I did manage to come across as one.
Thanks Roush, I agree with you that first impression as are important, and I managed to make a bad impression.

[Note the comma before the conjuctive 'and'. Also the repetition of 'impression'. This reinforces the fact that you have learnt the lesson]

I wish I had proofread what I wrote before I posted in.

[just is superfluous].

Because have my other posts been grammatically bad?

[Oh dear!. 'have my other posts been grammatically bad?' Yup. 'Hopefully not' Misplaced optimisim I am afraid.]

'I have a great amount of respect anyone who has got which I am striving to get in the future. '

[I have a great amount of respect for anyone who has got to where I am striving to get.]

'But (even if you wanted me too) I’m not going to take it personally cause if you knew me you'd know I'm not a stupid guy, even if I did manage to come across as one.'

[But (even if you wanted me too) I’m not going to take it personally because if you knew me you'd know I'm not a stupid guy, even if I did manage to come across as one.]

You could have said - 'cause - to show the shortening.

These are just very simple rules that should, for an A-level English scholar be second nature. For a bit of light reading get hold of a copy of Eats, Shoots and Leaves.

You will eventually learn the tenets of Defence Writing - ABC - (if it is still taught) Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity. If you practise now it will become second nature and, I promise, help in your A-levels too.

PS, I am an undergraduate.