PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cx vs. US
Thread: Cx vs. US
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 19:56
VVJM265

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pointer
RedFlyin;

My Question is simple, what were you told to study when they contacted you BEFORE your Initial interview?

It's my strong feeling that just as All the other Applicants (worldwide) you were told either by lettre or by Phone that it is important that you study the HTBJ in Depth....

It's not so much a Knowledge test as more a devotion test, if you are devoted enough you WILL have read it front till back.

why did you elect to not study that book?

there are so many americans joining Cathay, they are thinking of opening a McDonalds in CX City. (just joking guy's)

Pointer
As far as what the company told me to study, here is what was in my initial invite letter:
"The interview comprises a thirty minute technical multi-choice questionnaire and an hour's interview of both personal and technical questions."

"As Cathay Pacific Airways maintains a high technical standard, we recommend you review the technical aspects of your ATPL theory prior to attending the interview."

That's it. All other specific recommendations came from this board, Flight Info, or the AirInc article last Aug. There is a wealth of info out there, from the FAA's web site, to HTBJ, Aero for Naval Aviators, etc. Just order a few books from www.pilotmall.com and start studying.

Best of luck,

Last edited by VVJM265; 21st Jul 2006 at 14:57.