PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AEROFAN Flight Training (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 14:50
visit99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok…..It seems that there is a campaign here, and while I am loathe to even give it credit by responding, I would like to give my limited experience of Aerofan.

I too was curious as to whether it might be too good to be true. So I decided to take a visit.

I was met with nothing but courtesy, openness and friendliness - in stark contrast to several other schools I have visited to review, both in the UK and elsewhere.

The school is small, but I might suggest, organised.

The two native Spanish instructors I met both spoke English at a level that would be more than acceptable for any training.

I looked at their Cessnas and the Bonanza. The Cessnas appeared little different in equipment to many I have seen in other schools. The Bonanza instruments were somewhat aged, but did not seem to present a problem in flight. I say in flight, because I was given the opportunity to back-seat a two hour instructor training flight. How many schools do you know that would do that?

The instruction that I observed was high quality, as the aircraft (and pilot flying) was put though its paces, sometimes at the edge of the envelope. At least one safety critical error was picked up.

Most impressive is the approach taken to student booking and finance. The documentation is clear, and the financial integrity that I experienced was high. Other schools might do well to learn from them.

So, if you do want to learn to fly do at least two things:
1. Make sure that you are set-up to do it all quickly
2. Before proceeding with any school, go and visit.

Chiao