PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Irish invite US pilots to work in Europe...
Old 18th Jul 2006, 12:36
corklad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MOR I think you are missing the point! The IAA are giving validations for ANY ICAO license which meet the airlines requirments to fly their planes. It doesnt matter if its aussie, kiwi or FAA. Ok I guess you dont like the united states...whats new in england these days??? By the way the CAA in England have been letting FAA people fly BA/ATLAS 747's for yrs now (same deal)...so I think you know where you can put your flag of convenience Your logic seems backwards here, you want everyone in europe to make it so ridiculously impossible to transfer their licenses like in the UK! I think you are getting confussed too about the right to work and the transfer of a license. It doest matter which country you go to. If you cant get a visa or work permit then it doest matter about transfering your license. If you are able to get a green card to work in the states then license transfer is a fairly straight forward process and will cost no more than a few thousand dollars. Nobody swaps like for like...except maybe some of the african nations. however if you manage to get an EU passport the transfer process is a nightmare...no recripoicol recognition. just 14 exams and start flying again from scratch...I wonder what arrogant bright spark thought that one up?? Protestionism at it extreme I say! anyway this argument is getting tedious, new thread!!