PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Again: BA 777, is it worth it????
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 09:55
cornet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again: BA 777, is it worth it????

Hi guys,
the following questions are mainly for BA Longhaul Pilots (esp. B777).
I'm able to start soon with BA on the B777, and would therefore leave the national carrier of my home country. I have (so far) a very good contract with that employer, but the company is from an international point of view way too small to compete with global players like BA, LH or KLM&AF. Also our longhaul network is very small, and there is not even a chance to get there whitin a certain time (2 years +) after already 6 years on shorthaul . Also the management is knocking all the time on the door for some percent of our salery for the big "turnaround". And the company is still loosing a lot of money every year while others make it :-( I wont work for them for less money and worse T&C's. Upgrading earliest in 10+ years from for SH and 17+ for LH . I'm also not willing to move to the gulfregion, india or china to work there .
So I would be very happy if you can help me with some questions. Although there a lot of bad things with my present employer I'm not quite sure if I should join BA, and give up some good things here.
1.) How much money do you average take home (longhaul fleet) after taxes etc. (I think my salery is in the beginning 44k)?
2.) How many days do you have off a month? Can you send me some rosters maybe?
3.) Is flying relaxed (reading newspaper, legs up on the legrest etc.) How i the atmoshere in the cockpit, with the cabin and on the stops?
4.) is the roster diverified or just eastcoast in the beginning? Do you get your requests?
5.) Do (Can) you commute?
Thank you very much in advance!!!!!!!
Bye
cornet