PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA S-61 G-BEON
Thread: BA S-61 G-BEON
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 06:28
Brian Abraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Nr Fairy,
Thanks. What piqued my interest was an item on the web saying sections were not to be released until 2036 I think it was. Could not recall any thing particularly contencious in the original report, albeit it was a long time ago. Being government at the time guess it may be a case of the mandarins/politicians heading for the bunkers. Even if the report came up with "pilot error" its old time thinking (which I guess still existed at the time)to think that constitutes "blame".

Solid,
Re your presumptious, unsolicited and unwarranted assertions
1. Until I draw my last breath I will partake of my interest in aviation, science, engineering, aviation, astronomy, medicine - and did I mention aviation
2. Your presumption that there is any ongoing agenda is just that and totally without foundation and fact. Me thinks you are a little gun shy.
3. I always said it was the best job in the world but even you on your worse day would have to acknowledge that flying operations up to the time I left left a great deal to be desired vis a vis compliance.
4. Yes I did have an agenda when I left but that shot was fired long ago. If things have improved then it must not have been all in vain, but only you can judge. As you say I am not current.
5. For the reason for the all pilots meeting called on the 7th inst I'm afraid you will have to look to your fellow employees, or those that have joined and left since my departure. I was intrigued by managements supposed "put up or shut up" stance at the meeting and am left to muse in my idle moments what that says about the state of affairs.
6. Re "your opinion is no longer wanted or needed". That was always managements view point on any flying operation/safety issue in my day - so nothings changed there then.
7. I think on this occasion the Mods may permit an apology to be posted but doubt that you would be forthcoming.