PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Business Aviation Benefit From This Disaster?
Old 19th Sep 2001, 03:21
fokkerjet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the bizjet industry will survive after a few weeks of regrouping. What my concern is that will government realize the benifit of corporate aviation and not think of us as a threat

I look at the way Chicago government is treating our industry as a bad sign. Here Daly is banning us from ORD and MDW for no reason except to ban general aviation. Are we really a threat to people? Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought the terrorist used commercial airliners from United and American (both of whom have major hubs located in Chicago), not Learjets and Citations from corporations. With Meigs, it's his way of getting the park that Chicago really needs without the court battle that was coming soon from the General Aviation interest groups.

As for our company, I see changes coming as people sly away from commercial airliners and onto secure bizjets. I'd have to say it's also very comforting to know everyone onboard the plane with you and not having to wonder if that person sitting in front of you is up to no good.

Everyone. Stay safe