PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No flap take off in a heavy 767?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 05:23
Mario Plekker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, Danny, yours is the only thread I feel I have to respond to. As far as all the others go: thanks for your info....I believe you have told me that flaps 1 was the setting used, a perfectly normal procedure. As I base a large part of my life on professional aviation, I would have expected this. If I seemed as if I was second guessing: No, I wasn't...just confused and looking for an answer.

Now, Danny. Please understand that English is not my first native language. It is Dutch, as you may have suspected due to the references to Amsterdam, and all that. So my apologies for any English that seems out of the ordinary. By no means did I try to imply that the pilots took off with some sort of warning blaring in the cockpit. Nor did I try to demonstrate that they were not professional or anything of the sort. What I tried to say in that fragment was that:

A. There IS some sort of warning system in most commercial airliners about flap setting descrepancies.
B. No one in his or her right mind would ignore these warnings
C. Given all the facts above, the take off I experienced must have been
normal, routine and nothing out of the ordinary.

Now that sums up the trust I have in professional aviation. What I wanted was some sort of answer as to my experience regarding the flap setting, which I thought was odd. Call me crazy. And I got it here today. So......No more discussion....I'm satisfied. Thanks to all. Sorry for the confusion. My apologies also for posting in the wrong section of the forum.