PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cx vs. US
Thread: Cx vs. US
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2006, 04:50
hog tied

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redflyin
I can understand that, but there is so much disdain for the American pilots during the interview process itself. I just don't get it. The interviews that are done in the US fall into two categories.....1. US Pilots and 2. US Pilots with an international background (ie European). The difference between these two interview scenerios is night and day.
They may show disdain for US pilots in the interview, but it's a good primer for what is to come. Many C&T's will assume the typical yank to be less competent than the average bear. Perception makes for a difficult reality for many.

CX could be such a great job, it's too bad that fellow pilots allow the naughty schoolchild intimidation and rule to be an accepted part of life. This has nothing to do with management, we do it to ourselves. Everyone among us, including many very senior in the C&T staff complain about the system. Then they go out and destroy their young with an ERAS.

This ain't the proverbial mission to Mars, and airlines in the US don't have airplanes falling out of the sky because they don't treat it as such. Let's lighten up on each other and recognise those who like to make life difficult here as nothing more than cowards with delicate egos.

I don't think things will change here, and more often than not an American will find themself on a difficult road. But, then again, so is everyone else!