PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PSYCH TESTS
Thread: PSYCH TESTS
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2001, 00:07
FourGreens

Cobra,

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is not at all like BSE. It is much worse than that. It is NOT confined to one location...

I do have to say that I agree with most of the other replies though. A psychometric test in my opinion does not give a full and completely correct handle to evaluate a personality. Interview is one thing, but I think the way someone is in the simulator and/or in their probation period, gives a much better indication of the person. Believe me, I have seen a lot of examples - as well around me as in person. I failed two tests (Tyrolean and Transavia), but then passed the one for the Air Force. Makes you wonder doesn't it ? They let you fly an F-16, but not a CRJ...

I guess somebodoy needs to make a living somewhere, and therefore it is justified to have a schrink think that he knows what's going on in peoples heads after a couple of hours of testing and questionnaires. However, after two weeks of continuous observation of a group of people in the USA, the psychologists were still not able to predict somebody's behaviour in a reliable way... Draw your own conclusions.

- Cheers