PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PSYCH TESTS
Thread: PSYCH TESTS
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2001, 01:04
Joe Ninety

Seems like a good opportunity to tell my BA recruiting stories. My friend X tried for years to get in to BA and failed the psycho tests on numerous occasions, only to get in on about the sixth attempt. I've known him for years, a gifted pilot, excellent instructor, nice personality all going to make him a very good crewmember. How come it took them that long to notice? They didn't, he just decided for the last attempt to tell them what they wanted to hear instead of answering the questions truthfully!

Or how about another of my friends, Y? Hamble-trained (that was the flying college BA used to own and run for training their own pilots many years ago), which means he was hand-picked and trained at great expense to the taxpayer, only for there to be no job at the end of it. After a variety of other flying jobs over 10 years or more, he was flying 757s when BA started recruiting again. Considering his background he thought it shouldn't be too hard to get in to BA, so he applied - and failed the psych. tests. A year later, they phoned him and invited him to reapply, given his previous graduation from Hamble with flying colours, so he did, and failed again. Huh?

Plenty more where those stories came from!