PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PSYCH TESTS
Thread: PSYCH TESTS
View Single Post
Old 11th Feb 2001, 16:31
Airking

I agree with Joe90 very much,
having interviewed possible Copilots for our very small ( 1 Aircraft ) aircharter company.
The first one hired stayed for more than 2 years and is now with a major Airline, the other guy is still with us. However, the psych test issue is a growing one, and the discomfort of most testees is something very understandible to me.
My fellow Co now with Lufthansa Cityline, failed at Crossair, because of dominant behavior. What utter bull****, I know him for 2 years and he´s a really relaxed, nice guy.
Then he took the test with HapagLlyod, went through the psychtest and failed in Simulator.
Afterwards he applied at Lufthansa Cityline, and passed all 3 Stages of testing.(Psych test, Sim ,Acessment Center).
Now, how accurate is this Kind of testing?
Having failed at one test (Hapag-Llyod); I wasn´t told why. When I took the test, I had some 3.500hrs, 2.500 of them in command, incident and accident free. That certainly doesn´t means that I´m Charles Lindbergh or Orville Wright, but it shows that I know, where to pull to get airborne.
Anybody in the industry knows that you can prepare for these tests, therefore the level has been raised, meaning that unprepared testees will fail. Now at least they test wether you´re willing to spend another 2.000-4.000 German Marks to pass their test.
Have fun turnig cubes !