PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Allowance Cuts
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 22:08
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Globalier has hit the nail on the head here, in the final sentence above. It is exactly the kind of nonsense you would expect from the likes of ryanair, but not of BA.

I guess the problem is that someone within BA put this forward thinking they could 'pull a fast one' - that is, tell pax they have a higher luggage allowance, but insist it is split over two bags, that way it will be difficult for anyone to criticise, and BA will win, as most pax will just elect to carry less luggage, and take one bag. Genius!

The point is that this is what I and many others think of as 'sharp practices' and BA shareholders will do themselves no long term favours going down this route. Premium passengers choose BA partly because they do not want this kind of crap, and are prepared to pay for the privilege.

I think the reality is that BA have appointed a CEO with a recent track record of converting a 'full service' airline into what can only be called a 'budget' airline. Had they wished to appoint someone to raise standards at BA, that person would not have been chosen.

It is abundantly clear from the choice of the man in charge, that BA are heading in only one direction - so things can only get worse. Mark my words, exec club point/miles/lounges/service standards will be next for the grinder, along with any other reason a person would choose to fly BA.

Soon it will no longer be called British Airways, just BAdotcom (with a big dot!). Virgin, Cathay, singapore and the likes better start ramping up capacity, as they are going to need it - soon!