PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA use in Courting
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 19:57
IO540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucy,

As someone who has been hanging around this scene (often involuntarily) for about 6 years, I am pleased to inform you that at the average airfield there is close to zero chance of a pilot "mankying about with other women" - other than a sprinkling of bored "pilots' girlfriends" I doubt there has been much interesting scenery around UK's airfields since the end of WW2

I think it's fair to say there is no problem with taking a gurl up in a nice tourer, somewhere nice, on a nice sunny (but calm) day. Most women seem to really like that. But equally most women will at best only reluctantly climb into the average rented spamcan whose interior looks and works (and stinks) like the inside of a non-restored Vauxhall Viva.

If there were more pilots flying nice modern planes to interesting far away places, there would be far more women hanging around airfields. And more women means more men with more than 2p to rub together would turn up, which of course means a whole big pile of women coming along ... and all of a sudden you have quite a healthy bit of activity going!

Unfortunately, such a suggestion is seen by most pilots - a bunch of back-to-basics anorak-wearing traditionalists - as tantamount to a declaration of war. Just want and see.... I am getting my coat.