PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - jobs at malaga
Thread: jobs at malaga
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 19:19
Full hope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's completely untrue! You don't need to speak spanish to work at Málaga Airport (LEMG/AGP). I´ve been working down there for a couple of years and I meet quite a lot of non-spanish speakers.

Handling agents: Iberia and Eurohandling. There are also several airlines doing with own handling staff (i.e. Spanair/Newco, Vueling, Easyjet...).

There are also a big bunch of Airline Representative Companies:

- Servisair: Monarch, Air Scotland and many other airlines. Executive operators as well.
- Malaga Ground Services: First Choice, Excel Airways, Thomas Cook UK, Aeroflot.
- SART: Kuwait Airways, Blue Panorama and executive operators.
- Air Taxi: Saudia Airlines, Futura Int. Airways and executive operators.
- GAS: Working for executive operators only, very bad company to work for.
- AGA: Air Finland, Sterling/Maersk, Hapag Lloyd and other german/scandinavian operators.
- Falcon:
- Globeground: Lufthansa, Thomas Cook Belgium/Condor...
- Select aviation: Air Madrid, JET2, Flyglobespan...

In addition, you can find many tour-operators with non-spanish speaking staff working as airport representative, passenger service staff, etc.., whose do not have anything to do with the airlines they are associated with: First Choice, Thomas Cook, Saga, TUI, Nickermann, Freedom Flights, Sovereign, etc...

Since a couple of months ago, Easyjet cancelled the handling contract with Eurohandling and is now performing self handling (they operate more than 25 flights a day to AGP).

If you are looking for a job within AENA, you will need to speak spanish and to forget the english language, just to be exactly like the rest of employees!

If you require any further detail, just let me know.

Regards.