PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 19:04
SASless

Received 524 Likes on 219 Posts
CC,

I reckon then the uniform is satisfactory attire while fighting for your Country and fellow citizens or to be buried in when killed doing so but not to ride a fecking airliner. What a load of bovine feces.

If you believe one bit of that drivel, I feel very sorry for anyone wearing a uniform that comes your way. If a Squaddie with muddy boots, stinky armpits, and dirty undies winds up in the seat next to me while travelling from a combat zone for whatever reason....well then it is "beers on me, Mate! Welcome home! Thanks for serving."

Any Dumbass that would take objection to a having a soldier ride next to him is the one that should be tossed off the aircraft.

Drunk Squaddies in the bar.....how many oil field hands you seen pissed as anewt while coming or going to work on the same airline as won't have uniformed servicemembers?

Do us a favor and list the names of all the airlines that refuse service to uniformed personnel and I will pass them along to the US DOD and see if we can put them on a Debarment List and cease doing business with them.

For one....I am happy to see there are still military folks that are "proud" of their uniform and their service to the country. God Bless'em!