PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Loganair
Thread: Loganair
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 16:19
MVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will never convince someone who has got a job from one of these schemes that it is a bad move for the industry AS A WHOLE in the long run. But consider those that paid for the schemes and didn't get a job! and consider how your actions are gradually eroding the T's and C's of our industry as a whole. or does the term I'm alright jack fit?

oh and strepsils, how can it be a good deal to pay a company 12000 up front for the job? Please tell me where I can borrow 12000 over 3 years where it costs nothing? No need for cheap insults and not exactly wise of you to say so!

If more people said no to these schemes, then the 12000 would be part of the salary and not a scheme where they return your money to you! Historically a bond was where you agreed to stay for a certain amount of time to repay your training costs. Sadly with less and less people with a little honour left, companies got burnt and particularly the feeder airlines started their schemes. But lets face it, they are 10% about keeping people to their word and 90% about making money out of desperate young people desperate for the chance to start a great career. Oh and BTW I paid my bond with Virgin Atlantic by staying with them for 3.5 years before I was made redundant after Sept 11th, so I do speak with a little bit of experience!

Last edited by MVE; 17th Jul 2006 at 16:31.