PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Right flight school in SA for a Nigerian
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 14:55
GgW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training SA

dynamicd hva made a fwe valid points but just to add on to what he said/she.....

1.Take whatever you see on a flight schools website with a pinch of salt they are usually full of lies.
That is true, so do your home work.

2.do not work on quotes given by the school as basis for your budget. u are more than likely to exceed this as quotes are based on legal minimums.take extra cash some students need double or tripple quoted figures.

Also true but some people hack it and when solo in good times others take up to 30 + hours . That is the determining factor if you will stay in budget. If you struggle everthing snowballs from there on.

3.do not i say again do not transfer any money to the schools account.come down to SA OPEN N ACCOUNT n put your funds you pay as you go do otherwise and you will regret it
Do not pay up front to anyschool in the world. Europe etc.

4.bear in mind that sa flight schools are are out to make money and you will be trained by inept instructors who are in the business cos they cant find a better job and to build hours.you must do a lot of self study to help yourself and you must speak up if you feel an instructor may be playing politics with you.
All schools in the world does that, flight school's are not charities.

5.SA is still a very racist coutry and flight training schools are 100% owned by whites.there are only a handful of black instructors.this may work against u if you find yourself in a racist set up they will tolorate you for your money and frustrate your efforts.
Most black graduates do not need to became instructors, they get usually work straight out of the flight school, in SA affirmative action is a on going process.

Many of the schools in the Eastern Cape of the South Africa is flooded with people from the rest of Africa, a google search and you will find al of them. So I would not even think of going to Austalia or the States , because many countries up in Africa recognise the South African licenses.

PM me and I will give you a few good schools than you can decide for yourself.

cheers
GgW