PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MATZ Penetrations - A Plea!
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 14:29
WorkingHard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May I just emphasise the last contributors comments and thank Fournicator for keeping this going. It is helpful to ALL of us who care to read and absorb. I should just like a consideration of this please.
"It's interesting to note that the number of low flying complaints each year drops" A neighbour had occasion to report a possible breach of low flying rules by FJs and when she telephoned the nearest RAF station and was put through to operations she was asked for the type and registration of the aircraft involved. Not a very good PR execise. If this is common then it may be why compaints are reducing.
I recently asked the ops at a FJ base about use of transponders and was told emphatically that it was NOT a requirement. I do not for one moment disbelive you Fournicator but it would be much nicer if everyone was singing from the same hymn sheet.
PLEASE keep the answers coming for as long as we all show some interest. BTW I am ex RAF (not aircrew) and have been flying a company aircraft for about 20 years so have a keen interest in preserving life and limb.