PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AIS Consultation Meeting 8 Aug
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 14:12
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bpilatus

Actually, no.

I think the CAA do a great deal. Broadly speaking I am more than happy with the services they provide. In fact I get more upset about the lack of understanding I have read so often on these forums about what they do, and have to say about various issues.

I am also content with what the AIS does. Personally, I think they have a good lesson to learn from the Met Offcie and could provide some useful value added services. I do agree with other contributors that if they have a prviliged position that might be dangerous, but the same people also say they dont - talk about wanting it both ways to suite yourself!

I have personally found AOPA to be poor value for money for a number of reasons. I think for the reasons I have said, in this case their lobbying is misguided.

I would passionately like to see more pilots pre-brief properly. I perceive this to be a serious issue for GA and one for which I beleive we should all work together to find a solution.

It seems to me strange you would ask for comments if you didnt want them. It seems to me strange you wouldnt want to establish why more pilots do not properly pre brief. For example, presumably the AIS could tell us how many briefs they provide a day, month, year etc which might give us some idea how widely their services were used?

I appreciate you may not agree with the issues I have raised. I would enjoy any constructive comments you may have to make. I assume you also find the existing arrangements satisfactory and would like to know why you feel so many pilots do not pre-brief.