PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS Selection Process
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2006, 12:01
OzyOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi PollyP

Unfortunately Mostie is right regarding the recruitment with Qantas. As far as job security goes flying Qantas, it just doesnt exist anymore. Although having said this, amazingly enough, last year QF international recruited (a friend of mine attended the interviews) but I'm affraid that interview may have been the last of a dying era.

You can still keep your details on file with staffcv, but having said this i have been on file with them forever and havent heard a peep out of them.

Some other options for you could be flying for QantasLink (Eastern Australian Airlines) I was with them for many years, they encourage and help you with your professional growth within the company and I really have excellent memeories of my time there (hence the fact I now want to return to the big blue sky) but unfortunately the pay isnt anything to get overly excited about, but I still managed to get by...just need to be a little conservative with your spending

QantasLink's conditions however are still decent, offering you job security (full-time, super etc) and staff travel. Progression is also available into Qantas Mainline, but having said this you are on a waiting list f-o-r-e-v-e-r (5+ years) and although you get to keep your job security you had with Eastern when you progress, you will however be affected with whatever pay cuts etc new FA's cop in the year you move into Qantas mainline(hope that just made sence?) To be honest although the pay is slightly better with Qantas than Eastern, its only just that 'slightly'.

other options are Jetstar, Virginblue etc. Have a read of the other threads regarding these airlines to get a feel for what they have to offer and what best suits you....goodluck, its a great job and having been out of the industry for 2 1/2 years havent found a job that matches it.....just dont expect to make millions