PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dan Air Comet 4C incident - trying to trace
Old 16th Jul 2006, 17:19
DH106

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
TG - that's fantasitc information! Thanks for the logbook image

And just to confirm it IS indeed the correct flight - now that you've jogged my memory there was indeed a long delay at Mahon before we got airbourne.
I think it was something to do with an ATC problem - maybe they were on strike or something. We passengers spent at least the last hour of the delay waiting in the sweltering plane with the doors open to try and get a draft through (did Comets have air conditioning that was operative on the ground ? G-APMB certainly didn't that day !). It was HOT!
From memory, I think the pilots were waiting for a slot which would become available at short notice hence we all had to wait on the plane.

Many thanks TG, and please pass on my sincere thanks to Bryn
And thank him for being so friendly on the flightdeck to a 12 year old kid, although I think it was mainly the captain I spoke to.

Here's an image (taken by my Dad) at the end of said flight, at BHX on 17.06.77 with good old G-APMB. I'm the sprat on the far right with the red carrier bag cavorting for the camera. It's amazing - Bryn is probably sitting just out of sight behind the visible open co-pilot's window.