PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER/SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2006, 14:23
EGCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thanks, bottom rung, thats how to make newbies welcome here! Hope you fall off your ladder sometime! I can assure you I did read the entire thread before posting.

gary4444: Thanks for that. My comment about GA and Peel was perhaps misplaced, and indeed maybe it was Liverpool the pilot was referring to. The point being that he said how short of GA airfield space they were in the North-West, and had mentioned a "change of ownership". I thought he said Blackpool, but maybe it was Liverpool. Anyway, no matter, not relevant now anyway.

Without straying too much off-topic, one of the other local to Doncaster GA airfields I had forgotten is Gamston, and in the 1980's that was an airfield where I had the dubious honour of being thrown off, when I wasn't even on the airfield, but rather on the adjacent public road from Elkesley to the A1.!

My then young son wanted to reggie spot, so we pulled up at the side of the road, got out of the car, and quite quickly one of Budge's bully boys came out and told us to clear off. I decided not to contest the issue because he looked like a night-club bouncer! Maybe Mr Budge thought he owned the public highway as well.

Takes all sorts I suppose....

EGCA

Last edited by EGCA; 16th Jul 2006 at 14:35.