PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anybody work in Cardiff ATC
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2006, 10:25
paulthornton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the CAA's news announcement of this (see: http://tinyurl.com/hvucb) I note the following:

Pilots should note that 1:500000 Aeronautical Chart ‘Southern England and Wales’ (Sheet 2171CD) Edition 32 was published on 16 March 2006 and does not incorporate the changes in the AIC. Industry will be informed in due course of the chart amendment arrangements prior to the publication of Edition 33.

The revised airspace will be depicted on 1:250000 Aeronautical Charts 'England South' (Sheet 8) and 'The West and South Wales' (Sheet 7) when the current editions are replaced in February and August 2007 respectively.
Now surely the powers that be have known about the desire to make these airspace changes for some time, so wouldn't it be sensible to apply changes near the end of life of a chart (at least the 1:500k one) and not have to wait at least six months for amended charts to be available?

I'm all for not having to constantly buy new charts but it seems to me that a bit of co-ordination here would be more sensible.

Just my 2p worth!

Paul.