PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or Virgin? Which is better?
View Single Post
Old 16th Jul 2006, 00:20
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Monarch Man
Scroggs..regarding T & C's Im doing a quick comparison (guess where I work.. )
A couple of quick questions.
Are you aware of any plans to introduce a lower scale for new joiners?
Can you confirm that VS guys contracts are based on 750hrs per year?..and if so is overtime paid if you go up to 900?
Lastly, is it true that the allowances are based on the local cost of living? i.e. Cuba accrues less allowances than HK.

Thanks in advance
Yes, I am working - 3rd East Coast trip this month!

There is not and will not be a 'B' scale. There has been no suggestion of any such thing, and there is no way we would allow it. That is not an empty claim.

The contract is 750 hours per year. There are options for fewer (370 or 640) hours for limited periods. There is also an extra working agreement for those who wish to take it on; they do so by volunteering at the start of the rostering year. There is no way that extra work can be imposed on any line pilot.

Allowances are based on the costs in the accommodating hotel. As an example, we use four different hotels in New York (certain hotels for certain flight numbers). The daily allowances in these hotels vary by up to $40 (though the trip allowances vary by a greater amount, dependent on arrival and departure times and the number of meal peiods covered). The average daily allowance is about £90 - £100.

More information on Virgin's Ts & Cs can be found in this thread.