PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Allowance Cuts
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2006, 13:41
FloridaCandle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by marlowe
Floridacandle just except that BA have in the past allowed you to flaunt the baggage allowance along with everybody else and now BA have decided to put restrictions on you and fellow flaunties!!!!! go to VS but i bet there policy changes soon as well. I for one look forward to sitting under a locker thats not full to bursting point !!!!
Wrong - I have NEVER flaunted my baggage allowance. Everyone else may have done it, but I NEVER have. Both my cabin and checked baggage have always been within their limits. So I am not a flauntie and strongly resent you calling me that.
My cabin baggage is never over 7kg. I don't buy booze as I don't drink so my duty free bags usually have a carton of ciggies and a few newspapers! WT+ always allowed 12 kg, J allowed 18 kg. So how can you say I flaunt the allowance.
My checked luggage has always within my allowance and if I've had a third suitcase, I've always been prepared to pay and have done so on a few occasions. Again, I've followed the rules, not been a flauntie.
The one thing I agree with you on is wanting to sit under a locker not full to bursting point. But it's BA who've changed the rules to make this more possible, NOT ME, so don't blame me for it.
Finally, paid for my ticket three months before these changes were announced so terms I booked under are no longer the same. This is my REAL point - all I'm asking is give me what you've contracted with me to provide - nothing more. This is a perfectly fair and reasonable request and you will see from this and other forums that I'm far from alone in thinking this way.
As far as VS, if you read my thread correctly you will see that I made reference to the fact they could change their policy and went on to say "if things remain the same ..." . I'll say no more.