PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Away for a day and it's gone
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2006, 09:31
Aloue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tuppence worth is that Danny is doing the right thing, even if it is frustrating. We pilots tend to like quick results (normally TODAY). We complete our work in blocks and tend not to take a longer perspective. That came home to me at a meeting where I was one of many who signed a letter to the IAA about another matter, namely the demotion of a Ryanair captain following a fatigue call.

As I recall the explanation, the IAA investigation of this event is still "open" and hence it is impossible to do anything. What we were told was that our letters will be sent in to help remind the IAA of the fact that the matter is important and that it is not going to go away (that much was made very clear). So, we just have to wait. Frustrating, yes. But necessary, yes.

After all, nobody doubts what is at issue in all of these events. The issue is who is responsible for actually doing something, as in taking action to preserve and support the safety framework on which the industry depends. In the end, just as with the event which gave rise to this thread, the IAA will have to make a decision. Afterwards is when the fun will start.