PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uniform at UK airports
View Single Post
Old 15th Jul 2006, 02:14
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Roamer
similar post about putting your weapons through a scanner on 'why we hate RAF policemen'. Absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. Did they say 'Sir we have found a weapon in the scanner?? It beggars belief.

Grecian

Yes the JSP 800 clearly states no uniform! I can speak from first hand that I saw an army lad wandering thru LHR in desert uniform carrying bergen, body armour etc. The eyes of every passenger were on this individual and actually parted (like the waves) when he walked past. Weapons or no weapons, why compromise your security and that of our British public for the sake of a pair of jeans and tee shirt. If these pax had to move from the Gulf by commercial means, would you think they would travel in uniform, I think not! So rest my case. Its not a stupid request that the "Movers" ask pax change into civvies, its common sense. So give them a break. They have a job to do just like us!
The pax parted out of awe and respect, its only because we Brits are stiff, they didnt all start clapping. If i was there i would have started it for him. Why didnt you?? were you embarassed??

1. Not Worthy??
2. Never Been There??
3. Not Teeth Arm??

Frankly he has kohonurs the size of jupiter to walk through the terminal like that with his head up high! Let me shake his hand!!