PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Baggage Allowance Cuts
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 18:48
10secondsurvey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlueJay,

I think manintheback is making a pretty valid point, and I'm not sure where you are coming from on this. You say "it is the PASSENGERS RESPONSIBILITY to make sure that they are in compliance with all of the T's and C's and that they are aware of any policies that may affect them", and whilst this sounds well and good, in reality, you, I and every airline in the world knows that no passenger will read all of the small print, for the same reason you state that BA can't possibly read out all the T&C's of each and every ticket. So that all sounds, and is, a bit disgenuine.

If you are not a BA employee, I cannot see much sense in defending this type of double standard by any airline. Whilst you fervently point out the web site terms and conditions, you really seem to be missing the point. At the time he bought his ticket, he was given the full t&c's, and he still has them, and those are the conditions under which he purchased the ticket. BA may like to imply that things are different just because they have changed their webpage, but the facts remain the same.

Whether it is legal or not is beyond me, but even so, it is shoddy behaviour, and will not encourage long term loyalty. If a garage did this to you, would you buy a car from them again? Thought not.

I personally think the new man in charge at BA, will simply achieve short term profit growth, in order to achieve his bonuses, will then leave, and the airline will be a mess, having lost most of it's premium passengers (just take a look at the letters in this month's business traveller magazine - mainly from real premium top level FF's). BA will be left in tatters, but hey, who cares, the numbers will look good for a year or two.

Last edited by 10secondsurvey; 14th Jul 2006 at 19:03.