PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair getting out of Sweden?
View Single Post
Old 14th Jul 2006, 14:07
deice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duece,

Like you I don't agree with the tax, but considering it doesn't actually increase costs for the airlines, which is what they say, but will/can/might *when elephants dance naked on the moon* reduce their passenger count, I don't see how reducing traffic is the solution. Sounds like an opportunity to bail out and blame someone else.

I think it IS of importance to remember WHO it is that is pullling out. It isn't SAS, Nordic, Skyways, City, KLM, Finnair or anyone else. It's RYR and their tickets are so cheap it's embarrassing. This is a slight cost increment in total and I'm quite sure most of the folks flying RYR payed more for the ride to and from the airport than the ticket. Sure, it may go on and on ond on, but it's the exact same addition to everyone's tickets - regardless of airline. They're so cheap their market share should INCREASE if anything with everyone else being so much more expensive!

Can't really see their logic. Do they withdraw lines when the bus ticket fare to the airport increases? Taxi fares increase? These all add to the expense of the traveller and could potentially reduce RYRs passenger count. What's the difference?

My 2 cents.