mark147

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DFC
White - Admin
Yellow - Operational
Pink - Safety
Green - Charts
Mauve - Airspace Restrictions.
A very simple way of permitting quick access to the desired information.
Here's a suggestion for Mike, then:

By all means print the AICs on appropriate coloured paper but why not list them on the AIS drop down menus under those category names. If I want to find an AIC about an airspace restriction, I'd like to click on AIP->AICs->Airspace Restrictions, not have to look up or try to remember which colour is which.

Also, can we have an index of AICs ordered and listed by date? There's an attempt here but it's still not easy to check on the ones that have been issued since your last visit. (That page could also benefit from naming the categories of AIC).

I also wonder whether AIS could provide an email notification service where you could register an email address and every month or so, you'd be emailed a simple list of new AICs with their titles (and links to download them).

The same could apply to the AIP changes: just a simple list of the ADs that have had their entries changed, plus a direct link to look at the new information. I know there's the AIRAC changes document but that's absolutely huge because it includes all the changed pages rather than just referencing them. I keep a collection of IAP plates for possible diversion ADs and would love to be able to know when I need to update them. Similarly, I'd like to be aware of any significant changes to facilities etc. at ADs I visit regularly.

Mark