PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2006, 10:13
Mama Mangrove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank You

I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to this small thread I started a year or two back. At the time, I was just hoping that we helicopter pilots living and/or working in Africa could keep in touch with what's happening. It seems incredible that the thread has now had over 100,000 people viewing it and close to 900 replies.
I'm still disappointed we don't hear more from helicopter pilots working outside Nigeria. It's not supposed to be just about Bristow and CHC, or about the problems in Nigeria. I'd love to see some photos posted here from pilots working in different countries, reflecting local life. We had a few a couple of years back from the guys working on the pipeline contract in Cameroun, and I'm sure some of the CHC pilots in Cote D"Ivoire on the UN contract should have some interesting pictures.
Please keep the news coming in, and if you're thinking of contributing, let us have some photos and news of what daily life is like in the African country in which you're working. Africa is not just a bland hot, flat, swampy, tropical land; it's a whole diverse continent with everything from snow covered mountains, to tropical forest. Share some of her diversity with us, your fellow PPRuNers.