PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs in Africa
Thread: Jobs in Africa
View Single Post
Old 13th Jul 2006, 07:29
international hog driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noddie, in order to help you, you need to help yourself first. This board and others have miles and miles of info on just about everything and 212 is correct regardless of your current colour, white, black, green with envy or purple with rage it does not matter.

What you have to do is be more specific in you request, 8k miles in 18 seconds is a good way to sum it up.

Firstly do you speak French….. no take a marker and cross off half the countries.
Pork and Cheese… cross off a few more.

That leaves you with your targets, now pick your type of flying, commercial, tourism, relief, offshore, onshore, or the stuff that were not allowed to mention that Gun’s does!!

Now to help you out here is a gem, I am speaking from personal experience here. The example is Angola, rapidly growing offshore market with a few international operators where the majority of FO’s are local (and high time) and a few Local operators.

The major local operator took potential candidates straight from education to flight school in SA, trained them up and first leap from the Robbie was into the left seat of a brand new 76C+. Paid for everything.

This is what you will be facing no matter what colour you may be, there will always be local preference and even though you are 2nd gen, you will be treated exactly in the way that 212 came across, you will seem like just another European wannabe trying to take the rightful job of a local.

I am not being critical just realistic.

Be more specific, be more realistic and if you think I am being Harsh
TRY AFRICA

As for HillerB.. stick it in you pipe and smoke it