PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 22:04
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taken from the Kent on-line website;
Weekly charter flights will be operated by Bromley-based independent tour company Cosmos and its sister airline Monarch.
Now when I first heard of this venture earlier this year, I like many others thought it was all a bit ambitious and would never happen.
Don't get me wrong that could still be the case, but I hate to say it but Cosmos are a very serious, committed and long standing UK tour operator (one of the oldest in the UK I'm sure?). So if they have the connection with this service, makes it all sound a bit serious and well thought through? Though I don't understand what Norfolk has to offer to the UK bucket and spade brigade? A service from MSE to Orlando would seem an ambitious choice for any tour operator, but Norfolk? Not even a Gatwick - Norfolk charter so why on earth has MSE been chosen? Am I missing something???
Well we may see some charter activity from Cosmos to PMI, TFS, CFU etc at last??? Again there was talk of this when Planestation were in charge but nothing happened. Such a great little airport (or was when I last flew through on EUJ).
I'll believe it when the first plane takes off however.