PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue Recruitment (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 22:01
Iulia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mscabincrew :)

Heya! And I'm assumming you were directing your questions to me? hehe
Anyway, so we're in the same boat.... 18.... you still at school, or finished last year? Have you previously worked in any customer service industry eg retail, fast food? And also, have you completed your RSA, got a licence, car, renewed passport, and senior first aid? Coz then you can start applying, though I see some airlines say its okai if you come to the interview just with the receipt that you'll be doing the course... but don't take any chances seeing as you're applying with as many airlines as you can, just be prepared and have all the certificates, saves having to worry about THAT when it comes to an interview.
My worries when it comes to an interview, are that I'm only 18 (and a half! lol remember always saying that as a kid?!) and I'm still in school, due to finish in like 8wks... so fingers crossed that the peeps at my recruitment day aren't too judgemental about that lil fact..! hehe
BUT do log onto cabincrew.com.au and APPLY APPLY APPLY!!! Make sure you read in which states the smaller regionals fly/are based in case you're not willing relocate etc. I've applied only to Melb-based airlines... while I'd love to fly, I'm not willing to relocate... I'm being stubborn as I figure Melbourne is hugeeeee and always thumping with something happening, and if I can't get CC with an airline here in Melb, I'll just keep on waiting to reapply again!
However, my ultimate dream is to work for the lovely Virgin Blue... *sigh* if I were to ever get a job with VB, I'd always thank the guy above in my prayers, always, without fail... thats how much I really long for it...
But enough about me... you were asking how did I get the interviews? or something like that, I think the trick is to make sure you have all the 'fields' required (as mesntioned above, passport, RSA etc) I don't think people should expect airlines to wait for them (airlines wouldn't anyway because there is such big competition in the industry, and if someone is already qualified/meets the requirments the airlines wont wait!) so yeh, thats my two cents on that
Also about my resume, my bf is a comp nerd and he made my resume really fancy shmansy, whilst easy to read at the same time He made if fit on two pages, and only included the ncecessities eg work history, referees, education and in the top right hand corner, my address, DOB (thouh I'm contemplating taking that one off!) and phone numbers (house/mob). If you're really worried about your resume, perhaps ask family members/friends whether they know a good layout and can help you out with it, or go to your local library (hehehe, libraries!!) and there are stacks of books there of 'how to' do professional resumes yourself etc If not, and this seems all too much of a hassle, find yourself one of those people in the classifieds of a newspaper that make you a resume given your details (my friend did this recently, cost her about $50 and burnt onto CD) and my boyfriend chimes in, you can also find examples/templates on the internet
I hope all my yadda yadda was helpful!! PM me if you have any more specific queries, and reading along this now HUGE thread LOL you will find many other smarter peeps who are currently working with a particular airline and can give ya a complete rundown of things, coz I'm still just a newbie... then again, when do you stop being new?? lol xoxo toodles!