PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal Conviction A Problem?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 19:19
Wingwalker10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scroggs,

Thanks for the hint, I didn't go right back to the start before but have now read all the posts both relevant and complete tosh. Your HR info and link to the DfT site was most helpful.

Before I go on, If you have a passion for motorbikes, as have I, you will know speeding does become easy on modern superbikes and although I don't condone breaking the law,and i do regret and have learned from the events, I do believe that the rider/driver should be fully in control at all times and act sensibly within their ability. (Just as any us govern our own actions when acting as a pilot) Slate that if you wish but with regard to your employer remark;

Scroggs quoted:
You are not legally required to reveal any conviction that is spent. You have the full backing of the law to withold that information. The employer has no right to demand it. There is no suggestion of lying. The question must always take the form, "Bearing in mind the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, do you have any convictions?". If your conviction is spent, you have none to declare.

And in addition to my comment above- I hold a Directorship, employ 15 persons and have young family--one lives and learns!

Subsequent to my first post here, I have been in touch with a training provider with close airline links who advised that- A basic disclosure is all that is required for the RZ pass the company employing may (discretionary) require a standard disclosure and driving convictions are not relevant.
Case closed.

By the way, are you open for light discussion about your particular working environment??