PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HELP....life changing advice needed!
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 19:12
run_and_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP....life changing advice needed!

I have come to a point in my career were I need to make some very important decisions and would greatly appreciate any input from you experienced guys and girls over there in the USA.

I have qualified with a JAA frozen ATPL, and am within touching distance of a 737 or 757 job in the UK. Problem being is that my American fiancee is pregnant and living in Florida with no ability to move away.

In addition to this possibly very lucrative offer in the UK, I am looking at a Dash 8 job close to N.America that would give me approx 800hrs per year and give me an OK wage with a Dash 8 Type Rating, and would allow me plenty of time off to visit my fiancee in the USA whilst providing us with some $$$$.

Lastly we could get married and move straight to Florida to work as a Flight Instructor for (correct me if I'm wrong) approx $1500-2000 per month and climb the long ladder slowly over time.

Now, after looking at salaries of F/O's in the USA, I am truely astonished how low the pay is ($1600-$1900), and I believe that EVERYONE no matter how much experience goes in at the YEAR 1 hourly wage. Is this correct, even if I have time on Dash 8's?

Can somebody offer any helpful advice on my 3 options or clarify any of the points I have made regarding jobs/salaries in the USA, namely SW Florida.

Any info or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a Million

R&B