PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Showing Face (going in cold) the way to get job in Africa?
Old 12th Jul 2006, 10:44
Jump Complete

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Showing Face (going in cold) the way to get job in Africa?

Hi, I'm a UK CPL, 2200 hours tt, 245 hours multi engine. 200 hours on piston Islanders, will have around 150 hours on C206 when current job ends (in UK) in end of October. Now completly fed up with UK aviation scene. Ryanair etc can shove it regards paying for type rating and not getting properly paid anyway.
I want a bit of an adventure and I love hands on flying. Don't mind getting my hands dirty; refueling myself, washing bugs off wings and screen at end of day (do all that now anyway!) I've decided to try and get work in Southern Africa, understand Botswana is a good place to go.
I guess the best thing is to pack a back-pack, put my face through doors etc. Know I'm not going to get anything like UK airline wages but I'm not now anyway. As long as I earn enough to send back a couple of hundred sterling per month for depts and have enough left over to live I'll be happy.
I understand the season starts in March / April time in Botswana but as my job ends in October thought I'd go straight out in November to be ahead of game. Plan was to go for two or three weeks then come back if succseful.
Know this is a pretty frequent question but any advice gratefully recieved.

Regards.
J.C.