PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EMIRATES.Decision made on F/O Position .
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 10:22
Relaxed Redback

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up EMIRATES.Decision made on F/O Position .

Due to a computer glitch (and being too busy for my own good) ,I have been very slack in replying to the many pm"s that I have been sent. First .Thank you. Excellent posts that really helped.
RIGHT OR WRONG I have taken the job for my own reasons and the future it offers my family.

Reality check.I think some people forget

Since Sept 11 the aviation world has turned into a dog eat dog LCC sh#tfight. The good old days are gone.period. So where to from here.
I was amazed by some of my fellow applicants who thought they could just walk in and start telling Emirates how lucky they would be to have them in Emirates .I was not so surprised how many applicants were also rejected .
The PM answers confirmed a lot of what I thought was true.There are a lot of very good hard working people in Emirates who enjoy their life and know how to live. You only get one shot/..........glass half empty/full stuff. It is the reality .We are on this planet for a very short time.
For those that hate EMIRATES ,look around,believe me there are lots of big jobs happening and coming up.There are lots of jobs you may go to that WILL be worse .
From the paperwork I have received from EMIRATES ,resignation is always an option to anyone unhappy with their lot .Just walk away and start over if you truely believe you will be better off. IF enough people leave things will change.It is after all an Airline totally staffed by Expats .
Everyone has to make their own decision . I was accepted to a couple of other carriers at the same time and regardless of how poor you THINK the money is in Emirates the package is still good.I have been treated well by Emirates throughout the entire Interview /Acceptance process.
I was told that with the Delay on the 380 that Direct entry Captains will be a thing of the past .For Those still wondering ...at least apply, you lose nothing
Thanks again for all the information .