PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 12th Jul 2006, 08:20
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
Originally Posted by cazatou
Shy Torque,
Obviously you either did not read the ASI before signing as "having read": or you did not see the need, having read it, to comply with it and therefore ignored it.
It was, as I recall, quite specific and was issued as a result of several early morning accidents where low blood sugar levels where deemed to have played a part.
Fixed wing Stations made major changes to comply with the new regulations; but I should have realised that SH crews are made of sterner stuff and that such namby-pamby ideas do not apply to them.
Of course, precisely where you stand when someone (who has not demonstrably complied with the rules) is involved in an accident is another matter: especially when that person is the only crew member NOT to have complied.
Cazatou, K52.

I have been flying over thirty years. I still don't often get chance to take breakfast before the first flight of the day, often because the vagaries of my job mean it's not practical. I'm still here so my blood sugar must be OK, probably because I often don't eat dinner till 2100 the previous evening.

BTW, what's your definition of breakfast? I used to work permanent nights in NI. How did you get breakfast when the mess was shut for the dawn patrol, or wasnt that a problem for the shiny trouser fleet?