PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2006, 21:39
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Caz, no-one in the know has taken the bait on your post, but I can add a bit to this one. The crew ate choccie bars while they went through FADEC emergency drills in the crew room. Do ASIs quote what constitutes a breakfast?
Of more interest is your quote about Jon visiting the met office alone. My memory fades, but what met office was this?? At Aldergrove we used a met print out and a telephone if we needed more information. One person made the call, why would different people ring the met man to ask the same questions?? We didnt have the luxury of a met office close to us, maybe he went civvie side, very unusual.
You belittle SH operators by lampooning and calling them Mamby Pamby without knowing how we do business. There was no such thing as a morning met brief because your crew duty day started 1 hour before take off. If you started at 4 in the afternoon, how do you get breakfast at half three?? Easy, we kept the crewroom stocked with aircrew rations and ate when we got to work. We worked to the rules and limitations but they often worked against us because they were written for bases with superior facilities. I am amazed just how you know that he didnt eat, you are a god.....
What relevance does flying people to funerals have? I flew the PM to a meeting once but it had nothing to do with me why he went....