PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2006, 19:05
Brian Dixon
A really irritating PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BOAC,
many thanks for your post. Embarrasingly, I concede that I too, have allowed the thread to stray - but purely in the best interest of refuting those recent posts.

No apologies needed as you are absolutely correct. This whole campaign is about satisfying the burden of proof in place at the time of the accident, that proof being Absolutely No Doubt Whatsoever. I am on record as saying that the pilots may well have been negligent, but we will never know, and the MoD cannot prove as such, with absolute certainty.

Clearly the only honourable conclusion should be "Cause not positively determined".

There is no one alive who knows exactly what took place in those final few moments of that tragic flight. This thread is, itself, proof that more than one outcome may be drawn from the scant reliable evidence available, and the fact that each of us argues our point just as passionately further proves that.

The sooner the MoD accept that their verdict is unreliable and undermined, and so remove it from the pilot's records, the sooner we can all pack up and go home!

I thank you for getting all of us back on track.

Kind regards to all, as always.
Brian

"Justice has no expiry date" - John Cook