PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2006, 16:38
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 425 Likes on 224 Posts
Unfortunately, cazatou persists in trying to apply his personal brand of fixed wing "logic" to the situation and still cannot differentiate between fact and supposition or opinion.

He appears to be absolutely determined to find any reason he can to appease his mindset and has persisted in this approach for some time. He does rather appear to be clutching at straws in this instance.

I have been flying for a living for thirty years or so, a high proportion of it as an RAF SH captain and A2QHI; some of it in the NI theatre (including a particular type of night special ops) and a mix of single pilot / multi pilot ops. I was also a fixed wing QFI. However, I can't recall many occasions where I had a nice cosy little breakfast with my co-pilot. I don't think my wife would have appreciated it. In fact, I never have been one for taking early breakfast. I would often snack on something at the squadron a little later. Many other SH crew did similar, as ABIW has pointed out. I don't think this made me or anyone else negligent and certainly not grossly negligent.

The question regarding both pilots visiting the met office to brief together is completely spurious - how can this be construed as gross negligence? Much of my SH time was flown single pilot. I ensured I was briefed and I passed on any relevant information to the rest of the crew. There was no fundamental difference in this case.